Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Life Is Waiting For You

I haven't updated this in just over two weeks, but it's felt more like two months. You know, time flies when you're driving.

In My Life

Well, the title pretty much says it all. Over the last two weeks I'd worked 130 hours (70, then 60) between Lowe's (yep, I'm still there) and the radio station. And, it doesn't look to slow down any time soon - the fall/winter is the busy time at the station, couple that w/ work at Lowe's.......yeah, buddy!

A typical day runs like this:

3:30 am wake up, work until 10 am, then go home and get ready for the station. Get to the station about 1 pm and work until 5 pm. That time in between is often relegated to bathing my grandpa (I've earned a spot in heaven for this alone - regardless of all the shit I've done), doing dishes, taking care of the dog, and sometimes getting to the laundry. So, 2 hours flies by quickly. Then, after

Lately, I've been run down and haven't gotten to the gym as often as I'd like and it seems there aren't enough hours in the day. That, and when I'm done with work at 5 pm and if I work out, I'm not home until 6:30-7ish, then going to bed at 8-9ish leaves for a whole lot of nothing.

I haven't touched my guitar(s) in what seems like forever, and let's face it, probably has been. I've still got a book to finish up. And by finish up I mean, I'm somewhere between the front cover and page 35. I don't remember.

I haven't written anything for my stand-up, either. Granted, nothing funny has happened, either.

My Taurus has finally had it. She's got severe transmission problems that'll cost more to repair than she's worth. Quite sad really. I'll miss that car. Hell, I got all three of my speeding tickets in it (last one in '05).

But, on the plus side, that means I'll be getting a new car. I'm looking at roughly a 2000-2002 Ford Mustang convertible (helloooo, ladies) with under 75,000 miles. Did I mention the top will go down?

Da Coach
That's Megan Fox. Enjoy.














Who Dat?
I broke my arm playing American Gladiators in 3rd grade.

We're Talking About Practice
The Sox, after sucking the big one (search: blowjob, oral sex) have forced a 1 game playoff against division rival Minnesota Twins tonight for the the fourth and final playoff spot (oh, and for the American League Central Championship). The loser goes home, the winner gets swept by the Tampa Bay Rays. Needless to say, I'm scared. It's game 163. It's Twins vs. White Sox. It's playoff baseball.

Oh, and the Bears didn't blow their lead. They're now 2-2 on the season, and should be 4-0. Good job jackasses.

3 comments:

Sean said...

Megan loves the Ford Mustang. Especially with the top down..if you know what I'm saying!!! Up high! Down low! Not that low you homo! Geezus. I'm not that kind of gal.

Err said...

Dude, if you're this busy are you gonna be able to go to the Hawks game in 2 weeks?

Oct 15 is the first one.
(and if you can still make it, are you goin back that night, or stayin here)

And what about the IU weekend? Are you able to get the 27th and 28th off (monday and tuesday)?

Tom said...

Yeah, I'll be able to go to the Hawks game. As for the 27th and 28th? Nope. I'm gonna have to work on Monday the 28th.