Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Oh Won't You Stay...Just A Little Bit Longer

In My Life

It's been a few days, and I hope you're enjoying the new Short Story Sunday segment of the blog, since I've updated this thing.

An update is needed, as I've gotten several requests. Seriously, people read this thing!

I'm still in the hunt for the job at the new 89.1 FM WLPR. That's a good thing, however it's not a "sure thing" like I first thought it would be. But, then again, nothing ever is.

I'm looking to do on-air sports, just as I do right now with Meyer Broadcasting. But, along with that, I'm also hoping to do whatever they, they being Lakeshore Public Television, would like me to do - as long as there's a paycheck attached.

I'm still working allllllllllllll the time. But, our broadcasting season for Crown Point football is over, so that will free up my Friday nights to sleep, which will be nice. 89.1 FM is still carrying IU football, but Valpo Uni b-ball will be starting up now in less than a few weeks - two I think. So, Dec and Jan look to be fun filled and action packed. I need to quit Lowe's.

My Taurus died, I think I mentioned that last time (see it's been sooo long), and I've been car shopping to find something that would fit my budget and make sure the top goes down.

Hit up the gym today, and I'm already sore. God. My year-long membership with Gold's expired and I went looking for another gym. I was going to join a gym much closer to my house, but, I didn't really like what the owner had to say. He was a cool guy, but something just didn't click. Maybe it was when I said I "oly lift," "power lift," and "CrossFit," that didn' make him too thrilled. So, I'll be staying at Gold's. I need to make sure I bust my ass to get there tomorrow and the next day, then the day after, and the day after that and the day well you get the point (you're not that stupid, are ya?).

I went to a wedding this past weekend with Kristin (the former). It was very nice and low key. It was also dry. Needless to say, it gave an Irishman the shakes. But, as always it was good to see Kris. Now if I can only get her to bring Sox with.

Big plans this weekend as well. Jake (my buddy in the Air Force - one of several) is finally back and his family is throwing a welcome home party; it'll be great to see him and Lacy (his wife) for the first time in I think two years or so. Then Saturday, it's the Blackhawks vs. Red Wings on Saturday in Chi-town. The Err Dizz and I will be ready to fight. Be prepared for a phone call to bail us out.

Da Coach
In case if you were wondering what Leo DiCaprio has been up to, here it is:














Life is not fair.

Who Dat
On account of my sister reading this blog, here's a gem:
While living in Wisconsin, we used to hit golf balls into the marsh land behind our house. Well, my sister and her friend were standing on top of the hill that our house was on that we used to hit the balls from. I was about 30-40 yards downhill, and decided I didn't want to carry the golf club up the hill. So, I threw it. It went further than I thought it would.

It hit her and her friend. The club head smacked her friend in the face and the shaft hit my sister in the head.

Needless to say, it was the ass beating of a life time (thanks daddy!).

We're Talking About Practice
The Chicago Bears should be 7-0. Instead, they're 4-3. But, Kyle Orton (the starting quaterback - not to be confused with team drinking captain) has been a stud. If I were a female horse.........

So on another note, it's hawkey season (you like that?). The Hawks are 2-2-2, but fired their former head coach Denis Savard after the team's first win over Kristin's Phoenix Coyotes (GO HAWKS!). So, like I said before, Saturday should be fun.

1 comment:

Sean said...

Leo's been dating my girlfriend!!! Damnit all to hell!

If my kid throws golf clubs that hit their siblings in the face, they'll be floating face down in the pond on the 11th hole after I'm done with them. This should have happened to you.